16 January 2014

The Gift - A Short Story

Huh What?! What is this? Bloody hell I can't move...
My body feels so numb, what the hell? Did they like drug me? What is going on? 
Oh wait, here comes a guy. Middle-aged, wears a black leather jacket, checkered shirt and blue jeans. Whoa whoa what? Where is he carrying me? Where in the hell am I? Trying to get some blood flowing through my hands... Still can't feel jack squat!! Am I being kidnapped? Oh God, he is carrying me over to his car. He's smiling, bloody heartless criminal. No no not the trunk please! I would easily fit in the back. Please not the trunk!!

It stinks in here and it is so dark. Not used to tight spaces, I think I'm claustrophobic... Not sure how long I've been in here. Probably in the highway, I hear the engines of lots of cars whizzing by. Turning right now. Where is he taking me?

Okay, we are pulling up. I can hear him pull the e-break and the click of the seat belt. That's the door being shut. This is your last chance! When he opens the trunk, RUN. Better get some kind of feeling in my legs. Please God help! Argh! Any sensible person would tie up his victim right? Despite me being drugged and what not? I should have been tied up but I'm not... I still cannot make sense of any of this. I don't even know who I am or where I was before this. Damn the trunk is being unlocked. Now!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not even a single muscle moved. God I would kick something in anger if I could move my legs. It seems like he brought me to his own house. He's not going through his front door though... He's going around the back. Why? What else does he have in there? Or rather who else does he have in there? Somebody who he doesn't want to see me obviously. Partner? Wife? Kids? Oh Lord, kids??
We are in the kitchen now and he is walking right past it. Okay, he is taking me upstairs, probably to his bedroom? There seems to be nobody else in the house. I want to call for help but my throat is so dry i can't make a sound.

Whatever drug he used it's very strong. I don't feel sedated yet I'm paralyzed. He's wrapping me up now. I can't see through this material. I'm hoping to God I don't suffocate. Is this how I die? Drugged and suffocated to death without even knowing who I am. I don't know what's going to happen now...

Huh, I hear a sound! Don't know how long I went to sleep but the drug doesn't seem have worn off. Then again it may not have been a drug this whole time, maybe I'm actually paralyzed. Blow to the neck? Thanking God I haven't died. Maybe I have one last fight in me... But wait that sound. That is laughter. That is a kid. Oh my God they use kids? Sick bastards, how dare they? Kids! For God's sake. This is absolutely disgusting...

She's tearing through it. I hear her tearing through the wrapping. I really don't know what is going to happen. The bright light; it hurts my eyes. I manage to adjust to the lighting. I'm face to face with the child. Her eyes widen. Surprise? Joy? I cannot decipher.

"It's a dolly!!" she screams...

No comments:

Post a Comment